Friday, April 26, 2013

DIY FLOWER CROWN

 I made a flower crown for my shoot this week, I wasn't sure how this project was going to go down at first but I was pretty happy with the results.  This was my first time making one so I'm definitely no expert but this is what worked for me... 
 I only ended up using thick floral wire and scissors,  And of course whatever flowers you are going to use.  I asked some advice from a florist friends about storing them overnight.  She recommended keeping the stems long enough to keep in water (there are special little tubes you can buy at the craft store)  I didn't have time to get those so I just used a large tupperware bowl and gently set the flowers in it with a bit of water. It worked just fine and they kept overnight.
 I measured a circle around my head and tied it off.  Then I began tightly wrapping the larger flowers onto the wire circle.  I only did the front and sides...
 In the morning before my shoot, I finished it off by sticking the smaller stems and wildflowers in with the larger ones.  It was easier then tying everything on with wire, they stayed just fine! Cut the stems off pretty short before using so it will set on your head...
 Afterward I took it apart and put the butchered flowers in little milk glass bowls and vases...they are still alive four days later! 

And here is a little sneak peek from my shoot with Annalise!  

I'll definitely be making one again soon.  
xx

1 comment:

  1. I'm not positive the place you're getting your information, however great topic.
    I must spend a while finding out much more or working out
    more. Thanks for excellent info I used to be on the lookout for this information for my mission.



    My web page ... ray ban sunglasses outlet

    ReplyDelete