Tuesday, November 3, 2015

RECIPE : BAKED PUMPKIN DONUT HOLES



I made these baked donut holes for Halloween this weekend and since they turned out pretty good I thought I would share! I found a recipe online and made some minor changes (I forgot to save the link of course, sorry!) 

Here is what you need: 
1 3/4 c. Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 Egg
2 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 - 1 tsp. of Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 c. Brown Sugar (packed)
1/2 c/ Vegetable Oil
1/2 c. Milk (I used skim)
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
About half a can of pumpkin 

Preheat the oven to 350.  Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice).  In a separate bowl mix the oil, brown sugar, egg, milk, pumpkin, and vanilla extract.  Combine all ingredients together and mix until smooth. In a very well greased (I used coconut oil spray) mini muffin pan spoon the batter evenly.  Fill them about half way. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in and pull it out clean.  Allow them to cool for a few minutes, while they are still warm you can mold them a bit to make them more round like donut holes. 

For the coating, melt a half stick of butter.  In a separate bowl mix a 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of cinnamon. Dip the donut holes in butter and lightly roll them in the cinnamon sugar mixture.  The cinnamon sugar takes away a bit of the pumpkin flavor so I left some of them plain and they were still delicious!

Happy Baking! 
XO


1 comment:

  1. They look delicious! I will try them out soon! Would be perfect for my boyfriends birthday.

    ReplyDelete