Tuesday, March 3, 2015

ANTARCTICA pt. 7 // DANCO ISLAND










Today I am wrapping up my photo journal from Antarctica with this last set of pictures from Danco Island.  Thanks for following along as I relieved these beautiful days here on my blog.  I’ve said this already, but words and pictures simply cannot describe the true beauty of this magical place.  I’m so grateful for this trip and for my sister who encouraged it.  I am so thankful my sister possesses the same spirit of adventure and that we can do things like this together.  It was literally the best trip ever.
All the quotes and sayings about traveling are so true…I especially love the words of Anthony Bourdain, “Travel isn’t always pretty.  It isn’t always comfortable.  Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart.  But that’s okay.  The journey changes you – it should change you.  It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body.  You take something with you…Hopefully, you leave something good behind.”
Once you get a taste of the wonders this world holds, it becomes so hard to not explore (and when you’re not exploring, it’s hard to turn off the daydreams about future destinations).  When life presents the opportunity to adventure… just go.  Go see what the world has to offer.  Go see how other people live. Go do things that scare you…
“I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world…”
XO

*more photos on my photography blog, here*

No comments:

Post a Comment