Thursday, October 30, 2014

FALL FAVORITES : PUMPKIN KAHLUA COCKTAILS





I hope you're not sick of pumpkin yet because this little cocktail is quite delicious (and not overly pumpkin-y).  Perfect for whatever Halloween activities you'll soon be indulging in.  Here is what you will need to make this:

"Pumpkin White Russian"

Pinnacle Pumpkin Pie Vodka
Kahlua
Milk (whole is typical but other works great too)
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Cinnamon
Cinnamon Sticks (optional, for garnish)

I followed a white russian recipe to get the porportions right the first time (I'm no mixologist).  I started with 2 ounces of Kahlua, 3 ounces of vodka, and a smidgen (let's say quarter to half of a teaspoon) of pumpkin pie spice.  Shake it up a bit then add 6 ounces of milk and shake again.  As I said, typical white russians call for creamer or whole milk, I prefer skim or coconut milk, that's up to you!  I used another pinch of cinnamon on top and a cinnamon stick to garnish.  This basically made a good sized "rocks" glass.  So if you are shaking up some beverages for a few friends I would definitely double or triple the recipe at least!

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment