Thursday, June 26, 2014

HOMEMADE GRANOLA FOR LIFE







This is a my idea of perfect snack.  My mom has been making homemade granola for umm forever. You can make a huge batch of it to last all week (or two).  We like to distribute it into plastic baggies, take it to work, pack it in lunches, etc! 

You will need: 
4 cups oats (gluten free if you wish) 
2 cups sliced almonds
2 cups coconut 
approximately 1 cup raisins, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, dried apricots 
sprinkle with cinnamon and honey OR agave nectar to sweeten 

This makes a big batch and there is no right or wrong to the measurements of granola.  You can use more of the stuff you like better (thats what I do aka more walnuts, more cinnamon - always!) .  I've also used cranberries rather than raisins and you could throw in any other dried fruit that you fancy. 

I then spread the ingredients on a baking sheet, cook on 350 for about 30 minutes.  I like to check every 10 minutes and stir it up a bit so the stuff on bottom gets browned and crunchy as well.  

Enjoy! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment