Wednesday, June 18, 2014

HOMEMADE FIG, PEAR, & GOAT CHEESE PIZZA





I can hardly call this a recipe because putting together a homemade pizza is so quick and easy (plus no measurements required!).  Hunter would maybe eat pizza everyday if he could and since cooking can be a task some nights, I've had to come up with some healthy alternatives to one of our favorite foods.

 This night in particular, I cheated with the crust and bought a ready to embellish gluten free one from the store.  You could buy whatever crust for this or make your own if you're feeling realllll ambitious.  I lightly brushed the crust with olive oil.  Next I added arugula, just barely covering the crust.  Then I added the pears and figs (I use about 3/4 of a pear and maybe 5 figs cut in half for this one).  I then added some finely chopped onions. Lightly sprinkle the goat cheese on top (or heavily if you're not on a "diet" like me, because goat cheese is amazing!).  Finally, I seasoned with black pepper and rosemary.  Bake on 425 for about 10 minutes (or follow directions on the crust if using a pre-made one). 

And enjoy! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment