Monday, January 6, 2014

JUICING 101 : TIME TO DETOX



I am so ready for a detox after the holidays. Aren't we all? I mentioned not making resolutions, mainly because for me I feel they are too fleeting.  Especially when it comes to health / working out.  With the busyness of life and a weird schedule of working taking care of myself sometimes falls on the back burner (unfortunately).  I know if I am going to be fit and healthy for good then it has to be a lifestyle change.  I am a vegetarian / borderline vegan and sometimes it's hard to find quick solutions for healthy eating...I want to commit more time to preparing healthy meals and perhaps juicing a meal a day.  I began juicing this weekend and was pleasantly surprised by these combinations: 

Citrus Green Tea Detox: 
1 grapefruit
1 oranges
1 cup of brewed green tea
half of a lemon (just squeezed juice)
half of a banana
a few cubes of ice

Green Detox: 
1 peach
handful of fresh spinach
1 cup of pineapples (I used frozen in place of ice)
half of a banana 
coconut milk

The first was a little bitter for me, but super healthy so it was worth it.  The second was pretty delicious despite the spinach (I thought it would taste weird) but it was great! I'll be experimenting with more juices and smoothies this week and will be sure to document my finds.  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment