Friday, August 9, 2013

GLUTEN FREE PEAR & GORGONZOLA PIZZA



When I FINALLY found a good gluten free pizza crust I knew this had to happen.  I would always check health food store for crusts and I finally found gluten free dough at publix (in the butter and slice & bake cookie area).  I simply followed the directions on the package as far as baking temperature and bake time.  Of course you can use any old pizza crust or dough if you're not gluten free. 
And then the magic was added:

- First I "caramelized" the onions.  That's in quotes because I don't know if I technically caramelized them but they were good.  I sliced them put them in a pan with olive oil and a little brown sugar and let them sizzle for a bit. 
- Rub the pizza with olive oil (as much as you desire, there is no traditional sauce on this pizza)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (again as much or as little as you wish and I used the part skim kind)
- Sliced pears (about 1 1/2)
- Chopped walnuts (1/2 cup)
- Add your onions
- Sprinkle with gorgonzola (I got the reduced fat for this as well)
- Season with pepper and garlic 

Again, follow the directions your crust comes with.  I cooked on 400.  I pre-baked the crust for 12 minutes then baked everything together for another 10.  

Hope you enjoy this pizza, it was darn good.  Check back on Monday, I have some more gluten free cookies in store for you! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment