Monday, February 11, 2013

GREEN TEA LATTE

 Every once in awhile I come across a recipe or drink that calls for this green tea powder like substance.  I have always been curious to try it.  As a coffee/caffeine lover and addict, I thought it might be nice to switch it up some days. So, while at Whole Foods the other night, I found a small packet of the matcha green tea and decide to give it a whirl.  This stuff can be a bit pricey so I wanted to make sure I liked it first (the small packet was $9.99).  Anyways....
Here is the brand I purchased.  Starting with the milk - I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk for everything - I heated it to a preferred temperature (microwave or stove top depending on your time limitations in the morning)

 I added just one teaspoon of the powder.  It has a strong flavor so definitely measure it out.  I frothed my milk first because, well, all drinks are better with frothed milk right? ...it makes it fancy. 
 Stir it in until you see no more powder and enjoy! Possibly with a sugar stick from Trader Joes? 
(It ended up being sweet for me so I didn't use any sugar after all, but it sure looks pretty)
 I decided I really like this new, east concoction so the next day I made it iced!

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment